By Grace Alone…
And You answer: “My child, I love you.
And as long as you’re seeking My face,
You’ll walk in the power of My daily sufficient grace.”
Laura Story Lyrics( https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/laurastory/grace.html): “Grace”
What is Sufficient Grace?
My research of sufficient grace in Biblegateway resulted in (in Context):
2 Corinthians 12:8-10 New International Version (NIV)
8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
What is this weakness of Apostle Paul?
- .23 Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently,been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again.
- 24 Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one.
- 25 Three times I was beaten with rods,
- once I was pelted with stones,
- three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea,
- 26 I have been constantly on the move.
- I have been in danger from rivers,
- in danger from bandits,
- in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles;
- in danger in the city,
- in danger in the country,
- in danger at sea;
- and in danger from false believers.
- 27 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep;
- I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food;
- I have been cold and naked.
- 28 Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches.
29 Who is weak, and I do not feel weak?Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?
2 Corinthians 11:23-29 New International Version (NIV) https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Corinthians+11&version=NIV
Apostle Paul sufficient grace is Jesus the Christ. He knows that the Rabbi had taught them in all wisdom to stand this weakness. The trials that came to him has been more than enough for him to give in to the temptation. The temptation to kill. Trials has been made to test your patience. Patience to withstand. Withstand what? Withstand not to relegate yourself to the loony bin. Jesus the Christ, his Messiah, is the covenant of righteousness.
Apostle Paul first letter to the Corinthians started with thanksgiving: 1 Corinthians 1:4-6
4 I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. . 5 For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge— 6 God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you.
And in his second letter to the Corinthians started with praise: 2 Corinthians 1:3-5
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 5 For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.
Jesus as the Savior of our sin, i.e. foolishness, has gave us the himself,i.e righteousness, to walk in the light, i.e. wisdom.
Therefore, Jesus saves us from our own foolishness by teaching us righteousness to gain wisdom.
The Book of Titus stated: Titus 3:9-11
9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. 11 You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned.